Articles on this Page
- 03/21/11--07:00: _So Long, Norris
- 03/21/11--11:00: _WFNY Bracket Challe...
- 03/28/11--09:00: _WFNY Bracket Challe...
- 04/05/11--09:00: _WFNY Bracket Challe...
- 06/05/11--09:56: _NBA Draft: On Norri...
- 11/14/11--11:00: _Cleveland State Bea...
- 11/23/11--10:00: _Cleveland State Bea...
- 11/29/11--12:00: _TD’s Ten For Tuesday
- 12/03/11--13:19: _Buckeyes beat a bad...
- 12/12/11--07:00: _CSU Wins Two
- 12/28/11--07:00: _Norris Cole Goes Of...
- 01/16/12--08:00: _CSU Vikings Leave I...
- 01/23/12--07:00: _CSU Weekend Wrapup:...
- 02/10/12--07:00: _Valpo Stuns Clevela...
- 02/15/12--07:07: _Vikings Collapsing ...
- 02/23/12--11:00: _Can The Vikings “Ri...
- 02/27/12--07:30: _Vikings Handle Thei...
- 03/05/12--08:00: _Opportunity Lost: C...
- 03/12/12--08:00: _The “Real” Ohio Get...
- 11/09/12--07:00: _Cleveland State Pre...
- 03/21/11--07:00: So Long, Norris
- 03/21/11--11:00: WFNY Bracket Challenge – Sweet 16 Abounds
- 03/28/11--09:00: WFNY Bracket Challenge – Ohio State Out
- 04/05/11--09:00: WFNY Bracket Challenge – Winning
- 06/05/11--09:56: NBA Draft: On Norris Cole, and where he ends up
- 11/14/11--11:00: Cleveland State Beats 7th Ranked Vanderbilt On Road To Open Season
- 11/23/11--10:00: Cleveland State Beats Kent State 57-53 Before A Packed House
- 11/29/11--12:00: TD’s Ten For Tuesday
- 12/12/11--07:00: CSU Wins Two
- 12/28/11--07:00: Norris Cole Goes Off in Second Career Contest
- 01/16/12--08:00: CSU Vikings Leave Indiana With a Split
- 02/10/12--07:00: Valpo Stuns Cleveland State; Vikings Left Searching For Answers
- 02/15/12--07:07: Vikings Collapsing At The Wrong Time
- 02/23/12--11:00: Can The Vikings “Right The Ship” In Time For March?
While we were all basking in the glory of an Ohio State NCAA Tournament blowout weekend at the Q, the Cleveland State Vikings were taking the floor a short distance away at the Wolstein Center for the second round of the NIT. The opponent was the College of Charleston, coached by former Georgia Tech legend [...]
“Nobody cares about your bracket!” That has commonly been bandied about on Twitter, but it just isn’t true right here right now on this post. This is where we absolutely care about your bracket. We care so much that we have assigned not one, but two prizes for winners. We still haven’t figured out something [...]
Well, I am sure a lot of WFNYers are significantly less interested in the tourney now that the Buckeyes have been Calipari’d out of the game. Still, the contest goes on for the Tribe tickets and Carlos Santana jersey. As we await opening day on Friday, that should be enough to keep your eyes glued [...]
Charlie Sheen is in town tonight and some people are pretending like this whole deal wasn’t played out two days after it started. Similarly, that championship game was played out about two minutes in. When a buzzer-beating three pointer to end the first half represents 15% of your previous point total, you know the game [...]
The last Cleveland State Viking to be drafted into the NBA was Clinton Smith in 1986. He was selected by the Golden State Warriors, but not until the 4th pick of the 5th round. Twenty-five years later Norris Cole looks to be the next, but he only has two rounds to work with. Before Smith, [...]
At 2pm yesterday I shifted my attention away from the Cleveland Browns and over to the Cleveland State Vikings on ESPNU. Two hours later, I couldn’t have been more pleased with my decision. All Gary Waters’ team did yesterday was completely dominate the nation’s 7th ranked Vanderbilt Commodores in a wire-to-wire beat-down that was never [...]
The SEC or Big East didn’t need to send teams like Vanderbilt or West Virginia to Northeast Ohio last night in order to create that big-time basketball atmosphere. The Cleveland State Vikings and Kent State Golden Flashes took care of that by themselves. Besides, they beat those two teams already anyways. As a result of [...]
It’s Tuesday…. The Browns are bad and not interesting….The Cavs season still hasn’t started and we still don’t know when free agency and training camp will begin…. The Indians offseason is in full swing, but no games are being played….Sure, their is plenty of things Buckeye to chat about, but this is a slow time [...]
Ohio State played the University of Texas Pan-American today. The Broncs, as opposed to the Broncos, are not a good basketball team. After beating Victory University in late November by 19 points, the school first founded in 1927 as Edinburgh College has now fallen all the way to 2-7 on this 2011-12 season. But enough [...]
It wasn’t pretty, but the Cleveland State Vikings continued their winning ways over the weekend. With the start of their usual Thursday/Saturday schedule, Gary Waters’s crew took on two undervalued competitors and came away with two hard fought wins, to improve themselves to 10-1, a third of the way through their season. Their lone blemish [...]
From the bowels of The Wolstein Center to the bright lights near Biscayne Bay, former Cleveland State University guard Norris Cole has already made a name for himself within the National Basketball Association. Cole, the 28th overall selection in the most recent NBA Draft and former bodily foundation for a killer high-top fade, provided his [...]
Horizon League play is always done in pairs. Each team has a travelling partner and the norm is to play two games on the road or at home over a three day period. During the Gary Waters era at Cleveland State, the toughest road trip for any of the League foes is always the Indiana [...]
It was a huge weekend for the Cleveland State Vikings basketball team. They entered Friday night’s home tilt with Green Bay in a three-way tie for the Horizon League lead with Valparaiso and the team they would be facing Sunday, Milwaukee. A sweep of the Wisconsin schools would be of the utmost importance, especially at [...]
It was only their biggest game of the year to date. With the potential to take sole control of first place in the Horizon League, controlling their own destiny the rest of the way, the Cleveland State Vikings came out of the tunnel for their showdown with Valparaiso seemingly ready. Their largest crowd of the [...]
This one really hurt. The Cleveland State men’s basketball team was riding high, sitting atop the Horizon League in control of their own destiny to host the conference tournament just two short weeks ago. Fast forward to last night, and not only has the league lead been taken away from them completely, but all of [...]
What has happened to the Cleveland State Vikings? Once the darlings of the Horizon League, the wheels have come off of the proverbial wagon and Head Coach Gary Waters has been left scratching his head, wondering how things turned so quickly towards the negative. The Vikes were 20-4, 10-2 in the conference and battling it [...]
When we last left our Cleveland State Vikings, they were losers of five straight. This reeling bunch, which once stared down the Horizon League title and then fell completely off the table, had two games left to make things somewhat right. On Thursday night, they faced a pseudo-double bye chance elimination game with Detroit (sporting [...]
It wasn’t supposed to end that way. A season that started with a shocking 71-58 road win at #7 Vanderbilt, rode a 12-2 start to a 20-4 Horizon League lead, crashed and burned on a Valparaiso Saturday night. In the semifinals of the Horizon League tournament, the second-seeded Cleveland State Vikings faced the Detroit Titans, [...]
Ah, we have arrived at March Madness. It is my favorite time of year. Now the country’s eyes are focused on a sport I follow intently all year long. I have a lot of friends that are of the “call me in March” group who love to parachute in for the tournament, but that is [...]
Since the salad days of Kevin Mackey, the “Run and Stun,” and Ken “The Mouse ” McFadden, there were some seriously lean times for the Cleveland State Men’s College Basketball team. From Mike Boyd to the disastrous Rollie Massimino hire to Mike Garland, the program was headed in the wrong direction. Enter Gary Waters. The former head [...]